Book Title: Windwitch Author: Susan Dennard Number of pages: 384
After an explosion destroys his ship, the world believes Prince Merik, Windwitch, is dead. Scarred yet alive, Merik is determined to prove his sister’s treachery. Upon reaching the royal capital, crowded with refugees, he haunts the streets, fighting for the weak—which leads to whispers of a disfigured demigod, the Fury, who brings justice to the oppressed…
Should this book be picked up? the tl;dr review:
– Windwitch reads like a second “filler” book; the action scenes remain explosive and vivid in delivery
– More: POVs, pacing problems, issues on being invested in all the stories
– Conveniently plotted at times re: too many “get out of jail free cards”
– Further world building could have supported the magic system
– Merik revenge plot; Safi survival plot; Iseult/Aeduan babymaking plot (no but seriously)
I wasn’t the biggest fan of Truthwitch but even I will admit that this [Windwitch] felt like a step back.
Disclaimer: I received an ARC of Windwitch from Raincoast Books.