Book Title: Ever the Hunted (Clash of Kingdoms, #01) Author: Erin Summerill Number of pages: 400
Seventeen year-old Britta Flannery is at ease only in the woods with her dagger and bow. She spends her days tracking criminals alongside her father, the legendary bounty hunter for the King of Malam—that is, until her father is murdered. Now outcast and alone and having no rights to her father’s land or inheritance, she seeks refuge where she feels most safe: the Ever Woods. When Britta is caught poaching by the royal guard, instead of facing the noose she is offered a deal: her freedom in exchange for her father’s killer.
(re: Goodreads @ Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill)
Should this book be picked up? the tl;dr review:
– This book will look pretty on your shelves
– The conflicted listed in the blurb is resolved early on
– Prose is uncomplicated yet vivid; the fantasy elements could have been developed. Fantasy-lite with minimal political intrigue
– Heavy dose of romance in this story between best friends
– Skepticism does allow for a predictable read (including cliffhanger) but it may beg to be read regardless
There is a lot of romance in this book. Full stop.
Disclaimer: I received an ARC of Ever the Hunted from Indigo and signed up to be part of this blog tour.
Continue reading [Review] Ever the Hunted – Erin Summerill (including Q&A)