Retrospective is a monthly post to rewind all of the happenings, thoughts, and discussions here at thoughts and afterthoughts.
Tag Archives: the last star
[Review] The Last Star — Rick Yancey
Book Title: The Last Star (The 5th Wave #3) Author: Rick Yancey Number of pages: 338
The enemy is Other. The enemy is us.
They’re down here, they’re up there, they’re nowhere. They want the Earth, they want us to have it. They came to wipe us out, they came to save us.
(re: Goodreads @ The Last Star by Rick Yancey)
Should this book be picked up? the tl;dr review:
– Underwhelming conclusion that felt rushed and gave limited fulfillment to questions that stemming from the first book
– World building lacks support to sell the alien storyline
– Though Cassie is present, Ringer reads like the protagonist
– Solid action sequences and vivid landscapes in support of it
– The ending is either going to be a hit or miss with readers
Good start (The 5th Wave).
Derpy middle (The Infinite Sea).
A terrible, terrible end (The Last Star).
^ my summary of The 5th Wave in a nutshell.