Hello friends! I rarely feature books in this capacity but I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to spotlight Dear Martin, an upcoming novel written by my bud Nic Stone (October 17, 2017, Crown Books For Young Reader). That’s all I have to say, really. The story and voice of Dear Martin needs no further introduction.
Be the first to see the book cover and read the first full chapter below!
Continue reading [Cover Reveal & Excerpt] Dear Martin — Nic Stone →
Book Title: Under Rose-Tainted Skies (Standalone)
Author: Louise Gornall
Number of pages: 320
Norah has agoraphobia and OCD. When groceries are left on the porch, she can’t step out to get them. Struggling to snag the bags with a stick, she meets Luke. He’s sweet and funny, and he just caught her fishing for groceries. Because of course he did.
Norah can’t leave the house, but can she let someone in? As their friendship grows deeper, Norah realizes Luke deserves a normal girl. One who can lie on the front lawn and look up at the stars. One who isn’t so screwed up.
(re: Goodreads @ Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall)
Should this book be picked up? the tl;dr review:
– Own voices; female MC with agoraphobia and OCD
– Setting is claustrophobic and is well-written to detail bland things to actually be scary and daunting
– Narration is an easy ead and oozes with candor and snark; quick page turner of a read
– Romance is shippable but the relationship with the love interest is underwhelming
– The conflict sparking the third act of the story and its resolutions are not justified, lack development, and encourage a sense of trauma for betterment
I may get flack for the opinions expressed below…so all I hope is that I have worded things right.
Disclaimer: I received an ARC of Under Rose-Tainted Skies from Raincoast Books.
Continue reading [Review] Under Rose-Tainted Skies – Louise Gornall →